County sign Ashton Forward Millenic Alli

• Cheadlender

According to Ashton's club website the Hatters have signed 21-year-old forward Millenic Alli.

Whether he'll go straight into the squad (if that's possible) or whether that means we're not signing Cardwell or he's going into an U21 squad remains to be seen.

Welcome to County Millenic!

• Cheadlender

@57-hatters-years said in County sign Ashton Forward Millenic Alli:

PS - I wonder if Raynes has recommended him - he's just signed on for another season at Hurst Cross!

I'd probably say so yes, he does look like a decent prospect if he's deemed good enough I'd like to see him make great progress if he's in the academy and maybe get his chance at the very least off the bench for us at some point. I don't think we'd have signed him at 21 just to feature him predominantly in the academy.

• Mainstander

@woodleyhatter

Absolutely. This 'B' team, or however it is described, will essentially be a team used to try all sorts of people out.

I imagine that, as Ashton have announced he's going to EP, that some form of short term contract has been given. From a personal perspective I can see that there is a huge attraction for him coming to EP, but I do wonder if his career, and long term prospects, would be better served playing in the NPL / NLN where the football is competitive, with points being fought for, rather than a series of what are in effect friendlies, with endless substitutions. If he is any good, (and from what I have seen he certainly has potential), he will be spotted easily at that level.

Just a personal view of course

PS - I wonder if Raynes has recommended him - he's just signed on for another season at Hurst Cross!

• Cheadlender

@57-hatters-years He does look a good prospect but it's a big step up from Ashton with respect.

I think he'll probably go into the academy rather than the first team especially as County haven't announced anything about it.

Is that where you see him going?

• Mainstander

@woodleyhatter

Those of you who have had a look at my site will know that Ashton are my 'second team' largely because all the guys from my cricket club are stalwarts at Hurst Cross.

I caught maybe 5 of their games on streams prior to the NPL season being null and voided. He's a decent player; tricky on the wing, but without doubt has been taken on as a punt. Can't see him getting anywhere near the 1st team ... especially when there are already 19 (or thereabouts) signed on for that.

• Popsider

I've never head of him before so I searched YouTube and found these videos. It's hard to say what he'll be like, but I'd like to think if we've signed him now when we're looking to go up to League Two then he'll be a good prospect.

• I'd presume he'd go into the main squad or out on loan being that he's only 21.

The club must see something in him with the resources we have available and I wouldn't say delving further down into Non League for a player is seen as such a risk these days.

Latest Thread Updates

Suggested topics