Skip to content

Bristol Rovers (H) - Match Thread

Matchday Chat
  • County V Bristol Rovers - Sky Bet League One
    Edgeley Park
    Saturday 24th August 2024
    12:30pm Kick-Off

For anyone who can’t make the game, it’s being streamed Live on Sky Sports +

• Birthday drinks beforehand, yes please! 🍻

• Have a good one bud.

• So far they’ve picked up 4 points out of a possible 6, with a win over Northampton and a draw at promotion favourites Rotherham.

1000003110.png

Tricky tricky game.

• @admin thanks, a few pre-match pints, watch the game and then off to Wales for the week 👍🏻.

• The toughest of games yet. Cambridge seemed like a walk in the park at times. Blackpool we managed the game well after being under the cosh at times, once we scored they sort of gave up.

Rovers will be the toughest yet but I’m still expecting a County win, we’re at EP and confidence is oozing right now - 3-1 - Barry, Camps & Diamond - Att: 9621.

• County 2-1 Rovers

Collar and Wooton with the goals.

• Sky could have been a little more selective in their decision for a 12.30 start.

I’m going for a 3-0 County win!

• An early start for Rovers fans, admittedly not the smartest move by Sky.

Refreshing to be covered by sky but at the same time incredibly annoying 😂.

• @BlueArmy said in Bristol Rovers (H) - Match Thread:

An early start for Rovers fans, admittedly not the smartest move by Sky.

Putting real SUPPORTERS first I see!

• Everyone’s voted for a County win so far 👀💪🏻.

• Momentum is with us at the moment. There’s no pressure either, we’ve comfortably won our last two and 6/7/9 points out of the first 3 games is a very good start regardless of Saturday’s result.

• @CC33 said in Bristol Rovers (H) - Match Thread:

Momentum is with us at the moment. There’s no pressure either

It absolutely is, we usually start slowly don’t we. We’re building a team with power and pace that can trouble any team so I don’t think we should fear anyone.

• Is anyone aware of the injury situation before Chally speaks on Friday? Expecting Powell back and maybe a week too early for Rydel & Stretton, no more players back other than that I’m guessing.

• No idea @TFR unfortunately, I don’t see who can be dropped for Powell, I imagine he’ll bide his time and get fed up, he comes across as that sort of character.

I think although we’re doing well at the moment and scoring goals, Stretton will be like a new signing it’ll be interesting to see how he does when he is back.

• @BlueArmy I get the impression Powell is slightly misunderstood, might just be case of him playing in the wrong era perhaps might’ve thrived more or been more appreciated in a time when players in his position had more creative freedom and less defensive responsibilities. People often say players like Matt Le Tissier were a player of their time and wouldn’t cut it in today’s era.

Stretton is an interesting one, handed a new deal this summer but been out for a long time, we need someone to step up into the Madden role and chip in with goals and there’s no reason he can’t come back and grab that role.

• @TFR said in Bristol Rovers (H) - Match Thread:

I get the impression Powell is slightly misunderstood

Quite possibly so mate, when we won the league it seemed to me like he didn’t really look to enjoy it, I suppose he’s at the end of his career and playing for County in League Two at the time wouldn’t have been high ranking in his career achievements. Added to the fact he was in and out of the team through injury last season which won’t have helped.

He’ll have to do defensive duties, that’s a natural part of the game but attacking wise this team is full of pace and I imagine he’ll be able to pick a pass which we know he can do.

For me the jury is still out on Stretton, other than the header he scored against Salford in the playoffs two seasons ago we’ve not seen much of him. Had Mellon not got injured we may have seen Jack sent out on loan, just my opinion.

• This post is deleted!
  • @admin I agree with pretty much everything you’ve just said there. Powell looks like an extremely relaxed (can sometimes look not bothered) player most of the time and i think the injuries probably made him feel less a part of last seasons success which i’d understand. Hope he shows what he can do this season because the thought of him playing as a 10 spraying passes into Barry and Tanto is frightening.

Stretton is on borrowed time rightly or wrongly, i can’t remember anything from him other than the Salford goal you mentioned. Mellon’s injury probably has kept Stretton here this season and it’s interesting to think how different the season could’ve started had Mellon been fit and Tanto not being inured, maybe Wootton would’ve been moved and as you say Stretton loaned out.

• @TFR Maybe it’s because of his past but he did look disinterested at times last season, and then certain games he’d just turn on the style. I don’t think he’ll get the sort of playing time he wants this season if he isn’t playing we’ll he’ll be out the team.

I agree, it’s mad to say but I too think it’s Stretton’s last chance.

Chally loves Wootton, he does so much dirty work for the team, the only way he is leaving is if a hefty bid comes in for him.

Who's Online [Full List]

2 users active right now (2 members and 0 guests).
TFR, Wayne

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 629 posts in 211 topics.
We currently have 50 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, 57HattersYears.
The most users online at one time was 11 on Friday 16 August 2024.